Going to vote for this on greenlight right meow
The Dope Game: Dope Fiend Edition
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
The Dope Game: Dope Fiend Edition contains the full game and The Stash DLC. Buying it here on Itch.io gives you a Steam key for the main game and a download for the DLC itself. DLC Steam key will be e-mailed to you. Now with Halloween and X-Mas content!
To escape the city of Starkham and start your new life, you get your friend Preston to set up a meeting with the local loanshark, Sweaty Mike. After foolishly borrowing $2,000 to start your fledgling drug dealing career, you embark on a timed mission to sell as many drugs as possible throughout the city. However, you must evade the police, make sure not to ♥♥♥♥ off the locals too much, and navigate an ever-changing drug market.
Visit locations like Crockfort, Pinky's Gun Emporium, Murphy's Lake, The Noose & Rafter Bar, Hillside, Saint Jaysus Memorial Hospital, and more to interact with people and buy or sell a variety of drugs. Almost everyone you meet can be fought or bartered with in some manner.
The Dope Game, the newest game from CoaguCo Industries, It is a take on John E. Dell's 1984 classic game Drugwars, where the player goes around New York City trying to make as much money as possible selling drugs while evading the police. But this isn't New York City. Or 1984. The Dope Game takes place in the fictional city of Starkham, Blannington, most infamously known from our previous games One Way To Die and Raise Your Own Clone.
The game features original music by Macabre Gandhi and fully hand-drawn art assets by GP Garcia. For those of you unfamiliar with the premise, here is a fancy list of game features:
- 15 locations around Starkham
- 16 different drugs to buy and sell
- 10 (barely) different weapons
- 8 different game lengths to play
- Listen to the old lady say lots of things on the bus (unlocks stuff sometimes)
- Borrow money from the loanshark (and maybe pay it back)
- Interact with (and fight) a variety of townspeople
- Randomly lose drugs, money, or weapons and possibly find those of other players
- Hire crew members to fight with you
- Random generated crew members: names, weapons, health, damage
- Full soundtrack by Macabre Gandhi
- 25 Achievements
- Fully hand-drawn game assets
- A variety of random mechanics to make each game unique(ish)
- Back up statistics on CoaguCo's server (requires account) and Steam
The Stash contains a lot of goodies from The Dope Game's development including soundtrack, art book, wallpapers, and trailer out-take video. We even packed in a old-school, console edition of the game itself! Here is a redundant list:
- Full Soundtrack
- Art Book
- Trailer Out-Take Video
- Playable Old-School Console Edition
- Thank You Note
The Dope Game: Console Edition
To pay tribute to the original DrugWars which spawned this and many other games, we present the Console Edition. It is a command prompt/terminal version of The Dope Game, in all its text-based glory! Which it does not feature everything found in the normal desktop version of The Dope Game, it does have the majority of the core features like dealing, fighting cops, the Old Lady, and more.
The Console Edition was designed for Windows and Linux but may also run on Mac systems. The 'Old School' folder in the DLC currently houses the Linux BASH version, which may be run on Windows with Git BASH or BASH on Ubuntu on Windows. Windows/DOS version is coming!
The Dope Game: Soundtrack
The full soundtrack includes the following tracks:
- Slow Boiling (Intro)
- Quepe So Short (Main Menu)
- Septemburrr (Selection)
- Defacation O Character (Game Over)
- Justified (Transiting)
- August Heat 8th (Special Locations)
- 922 Blap 2015 (Normal Locations)
- ThisShsshSoHard (Combat)
- Dope Game (Schedule 1) (Normal Locations)
- Results May Vary (Special Location)
Owners of One Way To Die (dude, it's free) and/or Raise Your Own Clone will have access to two additional locations, The Finningan Brothers Fun Park and Dr. Stansfield's Cloning Lab, respectively. The Fun Park provides a new NPC to interact with, Bill Finningan, as well as allowing you to sell your wares to park-goers. The Cloning Lab provides another new NPC, Dr. Stansfield's Nephew, who allows you to stash drugs there for your next run. However, he may just do some of them.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.69 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: