One Way To Die: Desktop Deluxe
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Current (Discontinued) Desktop Version 4.0.2 | Current Steam Version 5.2
After waking from a terrifying dream of your own untimely death, you attempt to make your way to the Finnigan Brothers' Fun Park for its last day then back home again in this all-new text-adventure from CoaguCo Industries. You must survive ten chapters of ridiculous deaths and traps spanning over one hundred and fifty ways to die with no discernible way to navigate to safety. It's like playing Russian roulette with five chambers loaded, but more frustrating.
Warning, this game is reading. Lots and lots of reading.
- All-new Story Mode to make better sense of your fate
- Legacy Choose and Random Modes unlockable after your first win
- Two holidays modes: Halloween and X-Mas; active on their respective holidays
- All-new multiplayer Saboteur to kill friends or strangers
- 18 achievements
- Hand-drawn art of mostly skulls and blood
- Original music from Azucar
The new Story Mode allows for more choices in the way you perish and better odds of surviving. It incorporates a new luck mechanic that, when it runs out, so does your chances of making it to the Fun Park. The original Choose Mode, where you select a number blindly, and Random Mode, where the computer selects your fate, are included but only accessible after you play the game on Story Mode first.
The new Saboteur feature now allows friends or strangers to jump into your game and dog your ever step with a variety of traps. Don't worry though, you can always choose to jump into someone else's game and return the favor.
You've repetitively clicked all the buttons, you've spammed all the achievements, you've read (maybe) three or four deaths, and you've nearly crashed out our server. What more is there to do? Well we are proud to present you with the Deluxe Edition package! In this delightful addition we are offering you the following:
- The full soundtrack (the game will use the extra tracks)
- Four special wallpapers
- Full, printable poster from our previous contest
- No new achievements!
Bonus content (wallpapers, poster, and soundtrack) can be found within the game's Steam folder.
This version of the game will also make use of the new music tracks and included a new intro and menu track.
Want to save money?
The regular free edition is available on Itch here!
|Release date||Dec 26, 2014|
|Tags||coaguco, custom-engine, Dark Humor, deluxe, hopeless, one-way-to-die, random, weird|
|License||BSD 3-clause 'New' or 'Revised' License|
|Average session||A few minutes|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- One Way To Die - Version 5.2 Update31 days ago
- One Way To Die - Version 5.1 Update40 days ago
- One Way To Die - GLES Update And More55 days ago
- One Way To Die - Version 5.0 Update - Redux56 days ago
- One Way To Die: Redux Edition - New Sabotage Mode84 days ago
- One Way To Die: Redux Nearing ReleaseAug 26, 2019
- One Way To Die: Redux This SpringFeb 11, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.